By Cari Andreani
“In this world you will have trouble, but take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Oh such good news isn’t it? If you have been married for any amount of time, you know- you are going to have troubles! I am reminded with this verse to take heart, Jesus has overcome the troubles of the world and with Him- all things are possible.
Are you having troubles in your marriage? Seek God and His Word. Call out to other believers to pray for you. Bathe in His presence in worship. God will answer. He will provide peace. And He will work in your marriage if you let Him.
Readings I suggest:
Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
And of course- your Bible. Don’t know where to start?
- Proverbs gives wisdom (and don’t we all need more of that!)
- Psalms covers every emotion laid before God, cry out to Him through the Psalms.
- The Gospel of John is about the story of Jesus.
- I am studying the book of James, which is short, but packed of lots of learning.
- Romans is another great book by the apostle Paul (my favorite apostle!).
Pray and just start reading. Listen- and God will show up J